An Aadhaar or UID is a unique identifier similar to social security in the USA. Every citizen of India needs this document as proof of address and identity. If you want to enjoy the benefits of any welfare schemes provided by the government, UID is indeed a mandatory document. For example, the DBT subsidy provided by the government on LPG. With this in mind, we will provide in-depth knowledge to you on how to download Aadhaar Card online. The article will also help for e adharcard download and adharcard download.
The Supreme Court of India has declared UID as constitutionally valid. Therefore it is mandatory to link it with PAN and you need to quote your 12 digit UID number to avail subsidy benefits provided by the government.
You can enroll by visiting UIDAI centers or designated banks/post offices. Once enrolment is complete you can get it online through the UIDAI website by using enrolment ID, Virtual ID or Aadhaar Card number provided to you at the time of enrolment. Additionally, you can download the e-Aadhaar online through the website and even keep track of your card status post enrolment.
So, the question is. What makes an Aadhaar such an important document?
Do you have an idea why your UID is important?
Ok, so imagine if something was to happen to you. Any mishap or sort. Now, if you are a UID Card-holder, your details can be easily accessed to provide immediate help and support. In this case, UID has all the information like biometric details (fingerprint, iris scan), demographic details and general information.
To illustrate, take another example. For instance, if you want to avail of any government-related subsidy or benefit schemes, Aadhaar card link with your bank account is mandatory else your benefits will not reach you.
5 Amazing facts about your UID
- #1. Aadhaar was the Hindi word of the year 2017 by the Oxford dictionary.
- #2. It takes around $1 for an Aadhaar to reach you from enrolment to delivery.
- #3. As a matter of fact, UID is now the world’s largest biometric database with 119 crore enrolments.
- #4. UIDAI can print and dispatch 1.5 MN card cards per day.
- #5. However, NRI and OCI can not apply for it.
4 ways to download your ‘Aadhar’ card online
- Download by Aadhaar Number
- Download by Name and DOB
- Downloading by your Enrolment ID
- Downloading Aadhaar Card online using Virtual ID
Furthermore, let’s understand all the ways in which you can download your UID
#1. Download by Aadhaar Number
Go to the official website https://uidai.gov.in
On the extreme left you will find an option of “Download Aadhaar”. Use this option.
Once you have selected the above option you will get the below screen asking you about the way you want to download.
Use the option “ I have” as below.
Punch your 12 digit Aadhaar Number
Put the correct Captcha Verification code as shown on the screen and enter it. Click on face authorization and let your computer or laptop access the face recognition option through the webcam.
If there is no face auth option you will receive options of OTP and TOTP. Select OTP and you will receive a verification code on your registered mobile number.
Once you have provided the correct OTP there will be an option to “verify and download”.
#2. Download by Name and DOB
There may be a situation where you do not remember your 12 digit number, however, you can still download through your name and date of birth(DOB).
Follow the below steps for download Aadhar Card Online:
- Go to the link on official website https://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid
- Please enter your full name with your registered email ID or mobile number and the security code.
- Next, click on “Send OTP” button
- Please enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on the “Verify OTP” button
- A message confirming that the UID number is sent to your mobile number will appear on the screen.
- Next step is visiting an e-Aadhaar page on the UIDAI website
- Click on “I have Aadhaar”
- Enter the enrolment number received on your mobile, full name, pin code, and captcha
- Finally, click on “Request OTP”
- An OTP is now sent to your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and click “Download Aadhaar”
#3.Downloading e-Aadhar by your Enrolment ID
Furthermore, if you have forgotten your number you can also use the Enrolment ID(EID) to download.
In order to download, follow the simple steps below:
- Go to the www.uidai.gov.in
- Next, click on “Download Aadhaar” option
- As a result you are directed to the page of https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Punch your 14-digit enrolment ID number and 14-digit time and date values
- Enter your full name, pin code, and the captcha code
- Click on “Request OTP”
- Press “Confirm”
- You will now receive an OTP on your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP & you can click on the “Download Aadhaar” option.
#4. Downloading Aadhaar Card online by using Virtual ID
This is the latest addition done by the UIDAI coupled with others to facilitate the users to download.
Follow the simple below steps
- Go to the official website https://uidai.gov.in
- Click on “Download Aadhaar”
- Use the Virtual ID (VID) option from the “I Have” section
- Thereupon, enter the virtual ID with your full name, pin/zip code, and the security code.
- Click on “Send OTP”
- As soon as you enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number, an online e Aadhaar card will be downloaded to your system.
- You can now also access your e-copy by entering the Aadhaar card password.
- Your 8 digit password to open the PDF file is first four letters of your name in CAPITALS and “Year of Birth”
How to get an Aadhaar card without a Registered mobile number?
In the case of no registered mobile number, you can still get your document online.
Just follow the below-mentioned steps to get UID without mobile numbers.
- Go to the nearest designated center with your Aadhaar number
- Provide all the required biometric details.
- Also, carry any other identity proof like a PAN and Passport
- Post verification you will get a print copy of your document.
Few important and critical points to remember
- It must be remembered that you cannot download the Aadhaar if your mobile number is not registered with UIDAI.
- UIDAI always sends an OTP to the registered mobile number for authentication before allowing you to download the pdf copy.
- You cannot download an Aadhaar card without OTP.
- You can also download your e-Aadhaar as many times as you want.
- Downloaded e-Aadhaar is also a substitute for your original card.
- Once the document is downloaded you can get its print out by entering the password.
- Aadhaar card check is also possible on the official UIDAI website to track the status of your request.
All things considered, UID serves as an important document for Indian citizens. The process to enroll and finally receive it is simplified by the GOI. The document has varied benefits from a valid identity and address proof to your 12 digit identity number for availing all the direct benefit and subsidy schemes from the government. We have certainly provided you with the information through which you can easily download your card online with zero hassles. All things considered, the article gives you a complete guide for online download.
Given these points we can easily understand the importance of Aadhaar
We are also interested in what you think? Is the process easy or lengthy? Is the official website easily accessible and are all the menu options clear?
Provide us with your valuable comments and suggestions in the comment box below. We continuously urge our users for feedback because it helps us to improve
We surely appreciate your thoughts!
Henceforth, we are providing a few questions as asked by users related to their UID queries.
Since UID is a complete document, therefore citizens have concerns regarding their data privacy.
#1. Will someone hack my bank account if they know my 12 digit UID number?
- False. It must be remembered that no one can hack your bank account by merely knowing your number. At the same time, you have to be cautious to not provide your OTP/Pin details to anyone as provided by your bank.
#2. What benefits does Aadhaar have for me?
- Important to realize that all government related subsidy or benefit scheme can only be availed through UID.
- Additionally, the document inspires trust and uniformity because it is held by 119 crore Indians
- Above all, it gives you a verifiable identity.
#3. Since UIDAI has all my data, is UIDAI tracking my activities?
- UIDAI has your basic information on demographics and biometric. As a matter of fact, it does not have details of bank accounts, mutual funds or policies. Therefore you can safely assume that your data is safe and there is no tracking of your activities.
#4. Why are we regularly asked to link all bank accounts with Aadhaar?
- This activity helps in identifying accounts managed by fraudsters, money-launderers, and criminals, etc.
- In the case of linked bank accounts, the chances of committing fraudulent activity are minimal. However, in the event of such activity happening, fraudsters will be identified and punished.
- As a matter of fact, linking makes your account more secure
#5. Has there been a data breach ever and is my data safe?
- False. UID database has never been breached since existence. Your data is absolutely safe and secure.
- Reports around data breaches are mostly rumors.
- In fact, UIDAI uses the latest and advanced security technologies to keep your data secure.
*sources: uidai.gov.in and economic times
Also Read: How to Apply for a PAN online
Another key point to note: Aadhar Card is a mandatory document for applying an Indian Passport